Process Engineer - Material Handling/Finishing
- BusinessEnvironmental Technologies
Invite your friends
Tell them about this job
Process Engineer-Material Handling/Finishing
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Interact and support production
- Establishing rigorous process control and discipline within their respective area of responsibility (determine appropriate data collection, process monitoring, control methods, and documented standard operating procedures).
- Controlling process variation and making continuous improvements.
- Investigating and analyzing process issues, providing troubleshooting support, developing solutions, and implementing permanent corrective actions.
- Conducting experimentation to understand cause and effect of changes.
- Controlling effective implementation of process or equipment changes.
- Planning, directing, coordinating and/or leading projects to ensure effective implementation – achieving Objectives, completed on time and within budget.
- Participating on New Products Team – planning for new product introductions, ensuring production readiness, establishing capability, and resolving issues.
- Providing training and certification of operators and technicians in process control and defect detection.
- Interacting with Corporate, Division and Plant technical resources to exchange and transfer technology of best practices.
- Implementing and enforcing procedures for maintaining a safe work environment.
- Staying current as a ‘subject matter expert’ in their field of technical expertise.
Requirements: Education & Experience
- BS/MS degree in Controls, Programming, Automation or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience working on Material Handling in mass manufacturing.
- Work experience in multi-national companies highly preferred.
Requirements: Required Skills
- Process control and discipline.
- Process thinking skills – logical problem analysis, decision analysis and understanding and solving problems.
- Manufacturing systems, technical expertise, and statistical skills.
- Proficient in Siemens PLC.
- Good communication skills – both oral and written in Chinese and English.
- Team player
Requirements: Desired Skills
- General knowledge of ceramic manufacturing or related processes.
- Green belt certification
- Leadership skills
- Demonstrated Project management skills
- Presentation skills
Employee Referral Level: 1