Project Contracts Manager
- BusinessDisplay Technologies
- FunctionSupply Chain
Invite your friends
Tell them about this job
Purpose of the Position:
The Contracts Manager will help to improve CDT’s overall business performance, deliver added value to shareholders, reduce leakage, and promote consistent and cost effective solutions across projects and locations. The position will be responsible for assigned life cycle contract formation and administration services related to assigned work in accordance with CDT policies and guidelines.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Provides life cycle administration (i.e. sourcing, soliciting, evaluating, selection, award, administration and closeout) of work related materials and services.
- Assures acquisition of materials and services meeting CDT work requirements at an optimum balance of quality and cost.
- Tasks may include assisting requesters in completing Requests for Contract Action (RCAs); Material Requisition Forms (MRFs); developing competitive supplier / subcontractor source lists as needed, establishing evaluation criteria, issuing Requests for Quotes (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs); Amendments, Addendums and Modifications.
- Prepares the RFP’s for the contracting of an Engineering/Design Contractor and a Construction Contractor
- Conducts and documents contractor negotiations, clarifications, or coordination of specifications, scopes of work, terms and conditions and / or units of cost / price, insurance, taxes, and bonding
- Issues and administers appropriate Contracts; resolves contractor non performance problems; maintains contract files and correspondence; processes invoices for payment; and works closeout activities.
- Responsible for the development and management of a procedure to recognize and identify contract claims as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate.
- Assures contractors comply with the terms and conditions of their respective contract.
Project involved with:
- CGT Greenfield projects
Education & Experience
B.S. in supply chain, engineering, surveying, construction or equivalent years of experience
- Recognized degree in Engineering, Surveying, Construction Management or Business Management from an accredited college or university or a minimum of (15) year’s work experience in lieu of a degree
- Ten (10) years of contract management, subcontract administration, and procurement experience supporting engineering and construction projects in manufacturing industry
- Expertise in contracting practices and applicable government laws and commercial regulations
- Experience and courses in pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, and planning & scheduling
- Thorough knowledge of contract formation, administration, closeout and field procedures.