Glass Technology Engineer
- BusinessDisplay Technologies
Invite your friends
Tell them about this job
• Glass technology process development and engineering. Lead all activity related to achieving
• Worldwide manufacturing support. Provide second level troubleshooting for operational issues
related to glass technology and raw materials
• Technical analysis of glass technology, raw material, and melting processes. Application of
analytical results to improving processes and meeting customer requirements.
• Interface with external suppliers, Supply Chain, Mixing, and Melting for production trials of new
or modified raw materials, raw material processes, and technology.
• Interface with plant engineering and glass technology to facilitate the introduction and
migration of new raw materials, processes, products, and technology into manufacturing.
• Design, implementation, execution and analysis of process experiments.
• Work in a cross-functional environment - link with development, quality, mixing and
manufacturing to deliver process improvements and solutions
• Use KT, risk assessment, DMAIC, Innovation, and other tools to deliver results.
• Use engineering principles and data to help solve problems and trouble shoot production issues
• Ensure best glass technology practices are communicated and evaluated and implemented as
• Develop and implement measures for raw material suppliers to ensure adequate supply and
quality; audit suppliers to ensure compliance with established quality and process requirements
• Assist in researching customer complaints and requests to determine root cause as well as
corrective and preventative actions.
• Track and report on critical quality metrics. Alert appropriate levels to trends and critical quality
Projects involved with
• Process Excellence - Six Sigma.
• Process engineering, laboratory analyses, technical management of raw materials
Education & Experience
• BS/MS, Chemistry Engineering /Material Science degree or equivalent experience
• 2+ years in glass or ceramic manufacturing/engineering environment desired.
• Entry level considered with relevant internship experience
• B.S. in Engineering discipline – ceramic or chemical preferred
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills
• Methodical, data-based decision-making skills with the ability to use this data in proactively
• Good English comprehension in taking, writing and reading
• 30% of time on travel internal and external.
Employee Referral Level: 1