IOX Process Engineer
- BusinessAutomotive Glass Solutions
Invite your friends
Tell them about this job
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Establish IOX operation process and document process settings and revise as conditions change.
- Monitor process data against performance expectations. Work with operations team to correct.
- Lead experiments and performance improvement projects to achieve target goal, including product quality, yield, uptime, lowest cost and capacity.
- Performance tracking and analysis
- Process capability such as CPK
- Trouble shoot when performance is below expectation, including materials analysis. Support process restarts after maintenance.
- Be the technical leader in the plant for IOX process. Work with equipment engineers to optimize process/equipment interactions. Work with other process areas to identify process interactions.
- Supports new product introductions through equipment installation, process certification, documentation and training
- Train operators, shift leaders, managers, and other engineers.
- Weekend and shift coverage is requirement as needed.
Education & Experience
- BS or higher with Engineering/Science Major. Chemical or Materials engineering a plus.
- 2+ years manufacturing experience
- Experience with glass manufacturing a plus
- Strong analytical skills, including in Microsoft Excel, but also with statistical software. Ability to present analysis including in PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other engineers and operations leads to solve problems
- Conviction and passion for safety, cleanliness, process control and process discipline
- Good oral and written communication skill, including in English (B1)
- Project management experience
- Understanding of equipment mechanical operations and control
- Understanding of DMAIC, Lean and Six-Sigma methods and tools
- Strong ownership of achieving plant goal
- Sense of urgency and creativity to handle project issues and adapt plan to meet objectives
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; be a change agent to help others through change
- Customer oriented; meets customer needs with quality results
- Positive working attitude in team
- Cross-cultural Sensitivity