- BusinessDisplay Technologies
Invite your friends
Tell them about this job
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (“LCDs”) that are used primarily in LCD televisions, notebook computers and flat panel desktop monitors.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- To plan, execute and manage process, facility, and equipment upgrades to improve machine reliability.
- To support daily operation.
- To work with project team to select, purchase, install, and start new equipment in the facility.
- Establish goals and objectives in conjunction with Group Leader and manage engineering activities in equipment design to achieve the said objectives.
- Support operations personnel via trouble shooting and provide training as needed.
- Provide project membership for facility processes - including feasibility studies, planning, complete documentation, i.e., generally accepted project management guidelines.
- Support developments in equipment design that can improve or enhance the current process capabilities.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor Degree above, major in Chemical Engineering, Material Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other engineering related
- 2 years’ work experience preferred
- Good project management skills
- Logical thinking to deal with complex problems in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Good English comprehension in listening, spoken, writing and reading.
- Ability to utilize computer programs and Statistic skill for data analysis and modeling
- Ability to work effectively with cross function team members
- Good communication skills
- Good presentation skill
- Project management skill
- Understanding of equipment mechanical and control
- Experience in implementing DMAIC methodology or leading 6-sigma project
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese (Mandarin).