Die Assistant Engineer
- BusinessEnvironmental Technologies
Invite your friends
Tell them about this job
Die Assistant Engineer
Purpose of the Position:
Under the guidance and direction of Technical Management:
- Provide Process support to the plant production line to establish new line capability, and pursue stable operational performance.
- Performs various engineering assignments for collecting, analyzing data to recommend solutions to process problems in order to improve product quality and production efficiencies.
- Die, hardware, screw rebuild work.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
New line set up:
- Interact and support new plant project team for process debug and production set up.
- Assist Forming engineer and project team on the topics of dies, hardware, extrusion, handling.
- Work with upstream and downstream process.
Support daily production:
- Interact and support daily production; Co-responsible for Forming process performance.
- For daily process issues, investigating and analyzing, leading troubleshooting, developing solutions, and implementing corrective actions.
- For repeated difficult issues, assist in process analysis to improve product or process.
- Assists in process control and discipline (appropriate data collection, monitoring, etc.).
- Providing training/certification of operators in process control and operation.
- Maintain product run strategy, SOS(Standard Operating Setpoints) and SOP(Standard Operating Procedure) for production lines.
Die and Rebuild:
- Assist in managing tools & hardware inventory and reception in order to ensure enough and appropriate tools are ready for production
- Investigating and possibly repairing die & hardware defects; providing preventative actions.
- Assist in extruder screw rebuild and element inventory maintenance to ensure robust extrusion production
- Train and communicate with operators of process or equipment changes.
- Assist in experimentations and projects to ensure effective implementation – achieving objectives, completed on time and within budget.
- Implementing and enforcing procedures for maintaining a safe work environment.
- Bachelor degree or above
- 2-3 years’ working experience in manufacturing environment.
- Hands-on experience in production line for any of the below scope:
- operating extruder or injection machine
- handling with dies and hardware
- using measurement tools (e.g. gauges, scales)
- other production related