SHE Section Manager
- BusinessDisplay Technologies
Invite your friends
Tell them about this job
Purpose of the Position:
- To supervise, plan, direct and coordinate Manage SHE programs to ensure conformity to all legal and other requirements
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and control the safety functions of the plant to ensure that an effective accident prevention program is maintained and that appropriate measures are taken to comply with corporate and local government related safety/environmental policies and directives.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices and develop hazard control practices and programs.
- Work closely with project team and related departments ensuring safety/environmental compliance of projects and requirement.
- Manage the medical department.
- Provide guidance on required training to all affected personnel and monitor compliance in the conduction of the training.
- Assist in communicating hazard control information and evaluate effectiveness of the control.
- Assist line and staff management in understanding corporate policies and local laws, regulations and standards.
- Investigate compliance issues in conjunction with line and staff personnel. Notify top management of pertinent details.
- Guide and assist plant personnel with critical environmental, safety and health issues.
- Review plant incident statistics and make recommendations for correction of problem areas.
Plan and direct safety/environmental service companies and insurance carriers to obtain optimum results.
- Work with plant all departments to develop annual safety goals and objectives.
- Assess new developments in the environmental, health, and safety field which may have application to the company's operations.
- Establish target areas, long range prevention, and cost control objectives.
- Keep informed on current developments of safety/environmental laws likely to affect the company.
Communicate with corporate environmental, safety, and health departments regarding program results and any issues that may arise.
- Assist cost control efforts and participate with manufacturing improvement committees.
Conduct periodic inspections of plant machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure conformance to appropriate safety standards and regulations.
- Adhere to good safety practices, general company rules, regulations, and policies.
Education and experience:
- At least 5 years work experience in SHE
- Familiar with SHE legislation and local regulation requirement.
- Familiar with SHE assessment /JSA
- Familiar with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments.
- Good coordination.
- Good communication in English.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skill.
Employee Referral Level: 3""