Power Engineering Manager
- BusinessDisplay Technologies
Invite your friends
Tell them about this job
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Own, develop, and build core capacities on electrical power related field, e.g. electrical system basic design, electrical safety, electrical energy saving, electrical operation and maintenance, etc. for Corning business.
- Co-work with corporate power SMEs to set up worldwide standard of electrical system design, electrical equipment specification for Corning business.
- Manage electrical system design and improvement projects.
- Diagnose of electrical system for plants and provide solution and recommendation.
- Set up “Electrical Technical Board” for Corning business.
- Set up alignment and benchmarking system around Corning business plants.
- Set up electrical engineer training program for Corning business plants.
Education & Experience
- MS Degree and above in power and/or electrical engineering.
- At least 15 years working experience in electrical power system design, commissioning, and maintenance of large, complex electrical power systems.
- Licensed or Certified as a Professional Engineer with a focus in Electrical Power Systems
- Understanding of electrical systems, electrical power substation, grounding and lightning protection system.
- Experienced in complex electrical system design and analysis, including:
- Short circuit current studies
- Arc flash studies
- Protection and coordination (P&C) studies
- Load flow analysis
- Experienced in the operation and maintenance of electrical system/equipment and familiar with electrical equipment, e.g. GIS, transformers, MV-SWGR, LV-SWBD, power generator, motor, UPS, ATS/CTTS, protection relay/breaker, etc.
- Experienced in electrical equipment installation, testing and commissioning of electrical equipment and electrical systems.
- Experienced in the operation and maintenance of industrial power electronics, e.g. specialty power transformers, rectifiers, SCRs, IGBTs, etc.
- Experienced with basic project management skills, e.g. scope, cost, management, etc.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese (Mandarin).
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge and experience with alternate power sources, e.g. solar, wind, etc.
- Experience in facility equipment and construction site management.
- Experience in root cause failure analysis of electrical system equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of project management skills using MS Project, e.g. scheduling, reporting, tracking.
- Basic understanding of electrical safety, including OSHA 1910 Subpart S and NFPA 70E.
- Experienced with CMMS software, time and condition based maintenance programs.
- Experienced with mentoring junior-level electrical engineers.
- Problem analytical and solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and directly with project customers to define project scope, identify project requirements and deliverables and satisfy objectives/timelines with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Cross-cultural Sensitivity, Ability to work in a diversity team-based environment and participate on a matrix project team, Team player, perform well as an individual subject matter expert contributor.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; be a change agent to help others through change
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, planning and organizing, building cross functional relationship
- Team player and can perform well as an individual subject matter expert (SME).
Employee Referral Level: 1""