Plugging Process Engineer
- BusinessEnvironmental Technologies
Invite your friends
Tell them about this job
Purpose of the Position:
To plan, support and lead tasks in Plugging process area, including:
• Work in plant plugging department for improvement initiatives, including variability reduction, defect reduction, process control improvement, 6-Sigma
• Work with D&E for development and application of new and existing product attribute characterization methods
• Develop/utilize methods, measurements and processes to improve existing products
• Improve existing manufacturing processes and capabilities
Day to Day Responsibilities:
To provide engineering expertise for plugging process, understanding of batch material and methods within the plant plugging process group and cross-functioning teams.
• Plan, organize and execute major projects to deliver improvement and step change capabilities
• Apply knowledge of engineering principles and methods to reduce defects/upsets through root cause identification and resolution
• Drive continual improvement by defining area SOP/SOS, and strive for error-proofing engineering solutions.
Requirements: Education & Experience
• BS or MS in an engineering discipline (ceramic, materials, or chemical preferred)
• 3-5 years relative experience
• Work experience in multi-national companies highly preferred
• Ceramic processing knowledge preferred (batching, forming, rheology, and drying)
• 6 sigma DMAIC, Lean experience preferred.
Requirements: Required Skills
• Technical competence in process engineering.
• Project leadership aptitude, including ability to achieve results through matrix organization or team.
• Achieve results through application of rigorous project management methods, such as 6-Sigma.
• Demonstrated effectiveness at technical problem-solving and decision-making.
• Hands-on mentality
Requirements: Desired Skills
• Skills and experience with statistical process control and Design of Experiments methods
• Experience with application of 6-Sigma methods
• Demonstrated technical expertise in process improvement