Plugging Process Engineer
- BusinessEnvironmental Technologies
Invite your friends
Tell them about this job
Purpose of the Position:
To plan, support and lead tasks in Plugging process area, including:
• Work with D&E for development of new manufacturing technologies and methods
• Work with D&E for development and application of new and existing product attribute characterization methods
• Develop/utilize methods, measurements and processes to improve existing products
• Improve existing manufacturing processes and capabilities
• Lead plant plugging department for improvement initiatives, including variability reduction, defect reduction, process control improvement, 6-Sigma
Day to Day Responsibilities: (must to fill)
To provide engineering expertise and leadership for process, methods and measurement technologies within the plant plugging process group. Lead plugging technology and engineering sub-teams. Responsibilities include:
• Supervise a plant plugging process group.
• Plan, organize and execute major workstreams on projects to deliver improvement and step change capabilities
• Apply knowledge of engineering principles and methods to resolve challenges
• Support problem-solving in manufacturing, including root cause identification and resolution
• Apply process engineering knowledge, skills and experience from concept through delivery of process and equipment.
Project involved with:
• Specific projects as identified in annual MBOs (Management By Objectives).
Reports to Plant Engineering Manager
4 subordinates including 3 Plugging Engineer and 1 Plugging Technician
Requirements: Education & Experience (please state MUST and PLUS requirements)
• BS or MS in an engineering discipline (ceramic, materials, or chemical preferred)
• 3-5 years relative experience, 2 years minimum in supervisory position
• Work experience in multi-national companies highly preferred
• Ceramic processing knowledge preferred (batching, forming, rheology, and drying)
• 6 sigma DMAIC, Lean experience preferred.
Requirements: Required Skills
• Technical competence in process engineering.
• Experience successfully developing and delivering technical projects to manufacturing.
• Experience with measurement, characterization or ceramics processing technologies.
• Project leadership aptitude, including ability to achieve results through matrix organization or team.
• Achieve results through application of rigorous project management methods, such as 6-Sigma.
• Demonstrated effectiveness at technical problem-solving and decision-making.
• Hands-on mentality
Requirements: Desired Skills
• Demonstrated results developing and delivering step change innovations to manufacturing
• Skills and experience with statistical process control and Design of Experiments methods
• Experience with application of 6-Sigma methods
• Demonstrated technical expertise in process improvement, measurement, characterization or ceramics processing.