Senior Procurement Specialist
Purpose of the Position:
- Due to support China HF plant expansion, new hire the senior procurement specialist for the plant operation related requirements procurement and local supplier sourcing, audit and management.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Provide procurement service to support HF plant operation related requirements by conducting supplier searches, sourcing for goods or services and prepare RFIs, RFPs, RFQs (Requests for information, proposals, or quotes).
- Conduct pre-qualification for the potential vendors to ensure qualification requirements are met.
- Early involved in the definition of specification, statements of work for the sake of procurement consideration.
- Conduct negotiations with potential and /or current suppliers to obtain maximum value.
- Work with plant team to create criteria and conduct Decision Analysis for supplier selection.
- Negotiate, execute, and administer contracts with suppliers and ensure appropriate protections and clauses are incorporated into agreements.
- Manage supplier performance and conduct supplier performance assessments. Resolve supplier issues in timely manner to ensure supply assurance.
- Advocate for the Global Buying Policy. Ensure compliance by assuring that the ethical practices of Corning Incorporated are upheld at all times and understanding compliance processes outlined in the GSM Quality Policy Manual and Global Buying Policy.
Education & Experience
University or above degree, major in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration related experience.
Over 10+ years on related spare part requirements procurement and local supplier sourcing, audit and management is plus.
- Knowledge of ISO9001/OSHA14000 management system
- Familiar with ERP, Microsoft Office and PC skill
- CET4 and above (Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese)
- Computer level 2, Excel VBA is plus
- CPIM/PMP certification is double plus
- Take lead project ability on cost reduction project.
-- Knowledge of process trouble shooting & prevention & data-drive, and root cause finding
-- International & multi-culture communication, coordination, and follow-up ability
- Strong accountability and ownership of achieving plant goal
- Sense of urgency and creativity to handle project issues and adapt plan to meet objectives
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; be a change agent to help others through change
- Cross-cultural Sensitivity and Customer Focus
- Communication skill and positive working attitude in team
Job Selling Points
- An excellent opportunity to join China Corning family and take major responsibilities and overcome challenges
- An excellent opportunity for process skill and knowledge development and skill up
- Critical position for future career path
Career Development Opportunities
- Job training and understanding compliance processes outlined in the GSM Quality Policy Manual and Global Buying Policy.
- Job training for system process skill development
- Leadership training for Talent
- Language (English) skill up