• Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated experience in directing cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, control, and analysis, and planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
• Experience and demonstrated skill in establishing criteria processes and procedures for cost control activities.
• Demonstrated skill in management, supervisory, and personnel administrative functions.
• Demonstrated the ability to plan, organize, direct, performs, review, and present cost engineering and cost estimating products.
• With minimal supervision using a high level of professional judgment and knowledge related to technical cost management skills and practices.
• Skilled in oral and written communication, with demonstrated ability to present Project Controls Cost Analysis information to site project management.
• Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of cost controls and estimating for engineering, procurement, construction and start-up management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience. Knowledge of current of oil, gas and chemical industries and technical developments.
• Assists in developing specific project control accounts and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions. This includes training in the proper use and definitions for the cost accounts.
• Assists in developing and implementing requirements for cost recording, cost coding, reporting, and analyzing standards, programs, and reports. Performs performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications. • Reviews, approves and develops the following, but not limited to:
–Supporting development of estimates and budgets.
–Supporting the development and approval of plans and schedules.
–Tracking performance against the budgets and schedules while correlating performance information against the work processes.
–Analyzing variances of both direct hire and contract hire work activities.
–Identifying trends where deviations are about to occur unless action is taken.
–Identifying and documenting scope changes to the project scope.
–Preparing content for project and construction status reports
–Coordinates quantify estimates for trends/baseline change proposals.
–Assists in developing and implementing requirements for cost recording, cost coding, reporting, and analyzing standards, programs, and reports.
–Tracking labor charges and rates against budgets
–Support the review of EPCM cost and commitment programs.
–Interface and coordinate EPCM data inputs for the Control Tower.
–Quality Control and Data integrity checks for Control Tower inputs from EPCM contractor
–Establish and maintain regulary input and publication of Control Tower to site management.
–Incorporate new and/ or update existing KPI’s that are relevant to the onsite work fronts during the life cycle of the project.
–Interface and coordinate data anomalies with home office ETL programmers.
–Provide written analysis to Project Management on a monthly basis of all Control Tower KPI’s are outside of established control boundaries.
Employee Referral Level 2