Day to Day Responsibilities:
Solve customers’ technical problems
- Develop clear tech communication channels between Corning and assigned customers.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through timely and effective technical problem resolution and technical service.
- Resolve/clarify disposition of returns for manufacturing/quality action.
- Establish strong linkage to Customer Service, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Product Engineering and Product Line Management.
- Coordinate customer’s quality/technical audit at Corning.
Define and deliver today's product
- Develop and document thorough understanding of customers' processes from a product, design development and manufacturing perspective.
- Lead the promotion of Corning's technology advantages and capabilities.
- Prioritize these advantages according to customer requirements and concerns.
- Propose customer specifications to World Wide Product Engineer.
- Negotiate and close specs with customer (in close coordination with PL strategy)
- Conduct customer specification reviews.
- Defines and manages customer’s qualification plan.
- Manage product modifications and/or redesigns per customer spec changes.
- Present customer issues at Region and Division's review meetings.
- Promotes Corning's value in product, process, and technical expertise through clear linkage to the customer's value proposition
Identify future opportunities
- Identify potential opportunities & risks with customer product & process migration.
- Lead process for Value Engineering & cost reduction initiatives at customer.
- Design and facilitate technical presentations on substrate properties, product & process innovations and technology projects.
- Lead regional roadmap process.
- Understand 5-year technology and product roadmap with customers and how our roadmaps integrate to gain customer design-wins.
- Effectively communicate / review roadmaps internally with subject matter experts
Other significant responsibilities
- As key technical liaison between customer and Corning internal, cultivate strong tech relationship with customers and drive internal alignment.
- Network across all key positions that work to support customers.
Employee Referral Level: 1