Process Engineer - Batching
Day to Day Responsibilities:New line set up:
- Interact and support new plant project team for process debug and production set up.
- Major work with project team on the topics of raw materials, dryblend, wet tower, reuse.
- Work with upstream and downstream process: supply chain, sister plant, forming, cutting, and firing.
- Establishing product run strategy, SOS(Standard Operating Setpoints) and SOP(Standard Operating Procedure) for production lines.
Lead and support daily production:
- Interact and support daily production; Responsible for Batch process performance.
- Investigating and analyzing process issues, providing troubleshooting support, developing solutions, and implementing permanent corrective actions.
- Establishing rigorous process control guideline and discipline (determine appropriate data collection, process monitoring, control methods).
- Providing training/certification of operators/technicians in process control and operation.
- Planning for new material introductions, ensuring production readiness, establishing capability, and resolving issues.
Lab and raw material management:
- Interact and support project team to set up lab for material study; manage the lab for daily operation.
- Set up process for material trend tracking and prediction, to ensure minimize variation impact to production line.
- Lead process technician daily work, to ensure his/her support to daily batch process.
- Controlling process variation and making continuous improvements.
- Conducting experimentation to fundamentally understand cause and effect.
- Controlling effective implementation of process or equipment changes.
- Planning, directing, coordinating and/or leading projects to ensure effective implementation – achieving objectives, completed on time and within budget.
- Interacting with Corporate, Division and Plant resources to exchange and transfer new technology of best practices.
- Staying current as a ‘subject matter expert’ in their field of technical expertise.
- Implementing and enforcing procedures for maintaining a safe work environment.
Requirements: Education & Experience
- BS/MS degree in Materials, Chemical, Science, Mechanical, Electrical or equivalent.
- 3+ years working experience in manufacturing or lab environment.
- Work experience in multi-national companies highly preferred.
- Ceramic experience preferred.
- Experience in leading or participating project highly preferred.
- Manufacturing experience highly preferred.
Requirements: Required Skills
- Language – fluent Chinese/English both in oral and written.
- Process thinking skills – logical problem analysis, decision analysis and understanding and solving problems.
- Good communication skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office software -- Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Proactive self-learner
- Team player
Requirements: Desired Skills
- Basic statistical skills.
- Green belt certification
- Presentation skills
- CAD read skills is a plus
Employee Referral Level: 1