Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
• Provide day-to-day problem solving support to production, development and research operations
• Use rigorous process and technical knowledge to build detailed technical understanding for key process steps
• Functions as team member or team leader on focused projects
• Trouble shoots material, process and equipment issues, identifies root cause and implement corrective actions
• Implements and documents material, process & equipment change
• Uses simple statistical tools and DOE in process problem solving & process improvement;
• Support new product introductions through equipment installation, process certification, documentation and training
• Develop SME knowledge of material, process or equipment in focused areas of manufacturing or engineering
• Executive cost reduction and improvement (DMAIC) projects in line with business objectives
• Standardize process, build up quality system in outsourcing suppliers to assure good quality with higher process yield
• Works with project managers to ensure proper specs and drawings are available to begin NPI manufacturing
• Responsible for monitoring the progress of NPI’s in each process step and ensures products are on track to meet committed shipping dates.
• If an NPI is held up at a processing step, NPI engineer will work with on-site team to develop a corrective action plan to remove the constraint.
Employee Referral Level 1