Equipment Engineering Manager
Purpose of the Position:
This role is to lead / direct equipment engineering resources in sustaining equipment and improvements, to ensure operations performance.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Lead and/or direct engineering resources in the development and improvement of processes and equipment. Achieve low cost manufacturing, superior capacity, capability and quality
- Responsible for leading specific control and mechanical troubleshooting, collaborating with plant engineering team
- Establish equipment related procedures and documents for engineering, maintenance and operations, such as machine specifications, troubleshooting checklist, job safety analysis, etc.
- Oversee the equipment technology such as machines, instruments, controls, robots, etc.
- Implement new technology, involved in designing, developing and implementing equipment
- Ensure all equipment engineering projects, initiatives, and processes comply with established policies and objectives
- Develop technical capabilities in equipment engineering organization. Champion use of scientific method to determine and resolve process upset root cause and increase fundamental understanding
- Meet all safety and environmental regulatory requirements and create and maintain a safe working environment for all employees
- Meet all Security and IP requirements, and support Corning IP protection
- Create efficient and robust organizations with growth and succession plans that can support current business and future challenges
Education & Experience :
- MSc, M.E. or PhD in Mechanical or Electrical or Controls Engineering or a related engineering field with strong hands-on engineering experience
- > 8 years of experience in the position of equipment engineering
- > 3 years of management role
- Solid knowledge and experience in mechanical / electrical, or controls
- Strong leadership skills. Excellent organizational interpersonal, and communication skills with ability to develop others
- Demonstrated project management experience including design, execution resource management and start-up with a proven track record of achieving results
- Ability to work cross-function with process engineering, operations, quality, supply chain and other function leaders
- Good communication skills in both of Chinese and English
- Knowledge of manufacturing excellence tools (AME, KT, Lean, DMAIC).
- Working experience with a MNC is preferred.
- Good organizational, analytical, innovative and problem solving ability
- Good at people development and creating a positive working environment
- Strong responsibility, and decision-making
- Strong leadership skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasking