Project Senior Schedular
Purpose of the Position: •
This position will fill a key role interfacing with project management. This individual will support development and control of project schedule. The ideal candidate will be a professional planner capable of leading the implementation of scheduling processes that maintain both a robust baseline and forecast schedules.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Manage Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for engineering, procurement, construction and start-up planning and scheduling efforts and planning and schedule development with all activity sequences and logics with the total project plan. Execute analysis and reporting efforts for the project. Using Primavera P6, utilize resource loading and leveling capabilities of, produce standard and custom schedules and charts, and exports and import data between Primavera P6 and other databases. Produce and maintain detailed execution schedules include resource utilization plans and progress tracking systems.
• Lead planning and coordinating schedule interfaces with the owner, vendors and EPCM contractor and provide guidance by understanding the complete project scope, project schedule objectives as well as supporting and maintaining a plan and schedule to accomplish the same goal. Continually monitors critical and near critical path work and identifies issues for mitigation. Proactively assesses progress, completion forecasts and provides solutions to mitigate schedule delays or to optimize project completion.
• Identifies scope of schedule activities. Determines schedule dates for work activities within a discipline area or specialty. Determines milestones to support project schedule.
• Works with Area/Functional personnel to coordinate work sequences with the total project plan. Conforms work sequence and activity durations per project’s execution plan for a specific discipline or specialty. Determines inter-discipline constraints or interfaces that define activity sequences.
• Assists discipline groups in determining what information is required from other disciplines to support schedule activities and how to interface with the assigned discipline or specialty. Provides schedule knowledge on a continuous basis to assist in discipline planning and interfacing with others.
• Performs schedule monitoring, including identifying critical activities and updating functions for specific applications, disciplines, or specialties. Assists in the development of requirements for updating and monitoring the schedule.
• Coordinate and support Sr. management for all War Room and Plan of the Day meetings. Including but not limited to: Maintaining and issuing Critical Action Items report for each meeting, Meeting agendas, Development and maintenance of visual aids displayed in the War Room. (Integrated Master Schedule, Manual / Non-manual staffing plans, Productivity analysis and other visual aids that support current field activities throughout the life cycle of the project)
Reporting Structure: Report to Project Control Manager
Education & Experience B.S. in Engineering, Construction Management, Building Construction, Building Science or equivalent years of experience
• Recognized degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Building Construction or Building Science from an accredited college or university or a minimum of (15) year’s work experience in lieu of a degree
• Minimum of (10) years of experience with Planning and Scheduling, preferably in the construction of manufacturing and processes facilities
• A thorough understanding and capability to schedule complex engineering and construction projects
• Recent aptitude at an expert level of P6, Excel, Access and Prism. Along with knowledge and experience with Acumen Fuse Schedule Analytics.
• Proven ability to lead independently on complex project controls issues with superior interpersonal skills, creative solution and problem-solving skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English
• Ability to interact closely and frequently with site construction management and operations personnel while maintaining necessary levels of commercial awareness