Purpose of the Position:
To plan, support and lead tasks in Plugging process area, including:
- Work with D&E for development of new manufacturing technologies and methods
- Work with D&E for development and application of new and existing product attribute characterization methods
- Develop/utilize methods, measurements and processes to improve existing products
- Improve existing manufacturing processes and capabilities
- Lead plant plugging department for improvement initiatives, including variability reduction, defect reduction, process control improvement, 6-Sigma
Day to Day Responsibilities:
To provide engineering expertise and leadership for process, methods and measurement technologies within the plant plugging process group. Lead plugging technology and engineering sub-teams. Responsibilities include:
- Supervise a plant plugging process group.
- Plan, organize and execute major workstreams on projects to deliver improvement and step change capabilities
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles and methods to resolve challenges
- Support problem-solving in manufacturing, including root cause identification and resolution
- Apply process engineering knowledge, skills and experience from concept through delivery of process and equipment.
Project involved with:
- Specific projects as identified in annual MBOs (Management By Objectives).
Requirements: Education & Experience (please state MUST and PLUS requirements)
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline (ceramic, materials, or chemical preferred)
- 3-5 years relative experience, 2 years minimum in supervisory position
- Work experience in multi-national companies highly preferred
- Ceramic processing knowledge preferred (batching, forming, rheology, and drying)
- 6 sigma DMAIC, Lean experience preferred.
Requirements: Required Skills
- Technical competence in process engineering.
- Experience successfully developing and delivering technical projects to manufacturing.
- Experience with measurement, characterization or ceramics processing technologies.
- Project leadership aptitude, including ability to achieve results through matrix organization or team.
- Achieve results through application of rigorous project management methods, such as 6-Sigma.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at technical problem-solving and decision-making.
Requirements: Desired Skills
- Demonstrated results developing and delivering step change innovations to manufacturing
- Skills and experience with statistical process control and Design of Experiments methods
- Experience with application of 6-Sigma methods
- Demonstrated technical expertise in process improvement, measurement, characterization or ceramics processing.