Maintenance Dept. Head
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Lead the maintenance department in all aspects.
- Minimize factory cost by optimizing OEE, working with other functional departments
- Direct preventive maintenance system and maintain appropriate records.
- Lead daily equipment troubleshooting and improvement to maximize equipment efficiency and availability.
- Develop technical capabilities in department. Champion use of scientific method to determine and resolve process upset root cause and increase process fundamental understanding within department.
- Ensure proper training and certification of maintenance team for critical equipment
- Plan and execute major shutdown maintenance events
- Maintain superior safety within the maintenance department, through a culture of prevention.
- Develop and monitors budget, forecasts, labor distribution charges, SOPs, work orders
- Manage maintenance project portfolio, and coordinate multiple project leaders to execute these projects.
- Ensure effective process and equipment change control management
Education & Experience
- Bachelor Degree, major in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or other engineering related
- 8 years of work experience, with at least 5 in factory environment
- 3 years of management experience
- Maintenance experience of automated equipment
- Skill in software of Windows Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point, etc.
- Good Quality concept
- Process troubleshooting and management
- Knowledge of manufacturing excellence tools (Lean, problem solving, 6-Sigma tools).
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese (Mandarin).
- Project management skill
- PLC control skill and skill in drawing of CAD is plus
- Experience in glass or automotive supply manufacturing
- Experience in implementing DMAIC methodology and leading 6-sigma project
- Habit of PCPD, 5S, audit and “Management of Change”
- Strong ownership of achieving plant goal
- Sense of urgency and creativity to handle project issues and adapt plan to meet objectives
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; be a change agent to help others through change
- Cross-cultural Sensitivity and Customer Focus
- Communication skill and positive working attitude in team