1. Purpose of Position To coordinate the DTAP Drawing Management program within the Regional DTAP/Energy Management organization. To work with the DTAP Engineering team to ensure that the Drawing Standards and the Archiving Programs are maintained, both at the Plant and at the Division level. To support Maintenance and regional DTAP personnel in obtaining the most current Drawing revisions. To ensure that the Division change control process is followed within the Region and by all users.
2. Major Responsibilities / Ongoing Tasks
To ensure the Drawing Management system is maintained for all DTAP related Equipment.
To ensure that both Division level and local users adhere to the Division change control process.
To support the DTAP objectives of standardization and rigorous change control.
To ensure that the most current drawing versions reside under the Division control process.
To Contract necessary Drafting resources as needed.
To monitor and lead field support teams during the installation and checkout of new technology and designs ensuring that the installations agree with the drawings.
To support Division and Regional Controls Engineers efforts to include new designs into rebuild and new construction Appropriation Requests.
To ensure that Division and Regional teams are providing Electrical and Controls drawings that meet Division standards.
To ensure Corning IAP rules are followed for all drawing/ document in region.
3. Project Tasks
Maintain or support the Division Library with the most recent version of DTAP equipment / layout drawings.
Establish updated P&ID documentation for all process services equipment and backup systems within the Regional and Division level.
To ensure that documented procedures are followed locally (region).
To ensure that IAP are protected by all system users.
4. Job Specifications – Qualifications
Education Level Required (Degree and Discipline) Draftsman – Associate Degree or Higher Engineering – Mechanical or related field
Experience (Type and Amount) - 2 – 5 Years working with Drawing Management Systems - Knowledge on Plant’s DTAP and Facilities related equipment is better.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities) Knowledge (Knowledge of Statistics, KT, iDMAiC, LEAN, IBB, etc ): Kepner Tregoe Processes (Decision Analysis, Potential Problem Analysis, Situation Appraisal) Skills (Computer skill, project management skill…..etc.)
- CAD or Equivalent - Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc)
- Effective Leadership in a multi-cultural team.
- Project Management and Organization
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in multiple locations as necessary
- Japanese, English, or Chinese language skills
- Strong Team Working skills including working well with other disciplines (process, mechanical engineering) and providing/receiving direction
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English
- Ability to plan upfront, communicates issues, and executes solutions quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work in a diverse and rapidly changing environment Ability (Ability to advance innovation, flexibility, detail oriented……etc.):