Assistant Measurement Engineer
Day to Day Responsibilities:
This person is expected to be plant measurement subject matter expert to support all measurement equipment and measurement systems. His/her scope will mainly involve laser measurement, camera image analysis systems and pressure sensors etc. Major responsibility will include three parts:
- New measurement technology introduction:
- To be a Point of contact with US division measurements groups.
- Transfer technical documents to plant, digest technical know-how and deliver training/ technical guide to cross functional groups as necessary.
- Qualify measurement systems to meet manufacturing needs.
- Improve plant existing measurement systems:
- Foresee capability and capacity issues during new product introduction and daily operation.
- Standardize methods and procedures for measurement systems based on division’s guidelines.
- Support on-going process improvement projects through new measurement developments. Both lead and as part of project team.
- Seek cost reduction opportunity with technology improvement.
- Maintain plant measurement system reliability:
- Work with plant resource to establish PM activity for measurement systems
- Establish and monitor ongoing control system.
- Develop annual MSA plan and coordinate relevant resources to achieve MSA goal.
- Fundamental understanding of measurement system variation.
- Minimize machine down time, leverage plant resources for corrective and preventive actions.
- BS or plus in measurement/engineering/control;
- Work in MNC for more than 3 years.
- Control/automation/gauge working experience preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Understand concepts of measurement system analysis from AIAG and National Measurement Institute, qualified measurement personal certificate preferred.