Purpose of the Position:
To provide expertise in statistical data analysis for identifying, planning, directing, and evaluating experiments and projects involving process capability and product quality improvement.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Support data collection, analysis and interpretation needs of projects and activities
• Use state of the art engineering and statistical tools for experiment design and data/problem analysis
• Identify opportunities for improvements, then direct investigations to implement successful solutions
• Support the development and deployment of quality systems through the use of experiments, SOPs, job aids and other documentation
• Provide support to the production teams via knowledge transfer and coaching
• Review Sampling plans for relevancy and modify as appropriate
• Initiating and/or updating process control charts as necessary
Project involved with:
• Specific projects as identified in annual MBOs (Management By Objectives).
Education & Experience (please state MUST and PLUS requirements)
• University degree or above, preferably physics, mathematics, statistics.
• 6 sigma DMAIC, Lean experience preferred.
• Work experience in multi-national companies highly preferred.
• 3 years relative experience
Requirements: Required Skills
• Capable Process Engineer – be able to maintaining process control and discipline.
• Process thinking skills – logical problem analysis, decision analysis and understanding of potential problems.
• Strong statistical skills.
• Good communication skills – both oral and written, including fluent English
• PC skill
• Understanding of manufacturing systems, technical expertise.
• General knowledge of ceramic manufacturing or related processes.